Friday, August 2, 2013

"Who is the best Rutgers player you've ever seen play in your lifetime?"

The Facebook page for Rutgers Football on NJ.Com asked this question of the day today: "Who is the best Rutgers player you've ever seen play in your lifetime?"

I couldn't help thinking about one player, Brian Leonard, not only for what he does in this video, but for his role in Rutgers' rise, his role as Ray Rice's roommate and mentor and -- when he realized Ray's talent and value to the team -- blocker, even though he had had his own Heisman campaign a year earlier.  If I were a player, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have as my teammate.

Now that number 23 is back with Greg Schiano in Tampa Bay, I'd love to see him reach his full potential -- and reach a bowl game -- in the NFL.

No comments: