Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Rutgers Academics Tip the Scales for another 2009 four-star recruit : Welcome Mark Brazinski

"Every kid dreams of holding that crystal bowl trophy [presented to the national champion]. For me, however, academics come first."
--Mark Brazinski
Rutgers has received another verbal commitment from a highly-recruited junior -- the third from a four-star recruit. Center Mark Brazinski should be entering our favorite school in the fall of 2009 with quarterback Tom Savage and running back Desmond Scott.
Considered the state's top offensive lineman, this Immaculata High School star was not only weighing offers from Bowl Division schools like BC and FSU, but he considered following in his brother Brian's footsteps (Brian was an All-Ivy center at the University of Pennsylvania).

"I wasn't sure what I was going to do until I found out I can get into the school of business as a freshman at Rutgers," said Brazinski. "Before this year, it was only available to you in your junior year and if you had a 3.3 GPA. Now they're taking a select group of scholars and allowing them to enroll in the school as freshman."
Being able to choose his major area of study early is one thing, and I know I've said it before, but I have to believe that Rutgers' stellar APR numbers are also influencing the decisions of these student athletes who stand out in the classroom as well as on the field. And if academically-gifted players continue to choose RU, then those numbers should stay in the stratosphere for years to come.

WELCOME TO RUTGERS MARK!

No comments: