- Pittsburgh as Big East champs in the Sugar Bowl against Florida.
- Cincinnati as the "3rd place" Big East team in the Muffler Repair Shop Bowl against North Carolina.
- West Virginia in the Pizza Bowl of Birmingham against South Carolina.
- Rutgers in the St. Petersburg Bowl against Southern Miss.
- USF in the International Bowl against Temple.
- UConn in the Pizza Bowl of Detroit against Central Michigan (because the Big Ten won't have enough bowl-eligible teams for all their bowl slots).
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Why the Huskies need to massacre the Leprechauns on Saturday
In his most recent prediction of the 34 2009-2010 bowl matchups, Stewart Mandel presents the possibility of this outrage, a mediocre Notre Dame stealing the 2nd Big East bowl slot in the Gator Bowl on New Year's Day. The "other" Big East teams are allocated to the following bowls: