Sunday, October 18, 2009

The new Beat Visitor dot com BlogPoll ballot has been posted for your comments

I'm trying hard to get these BlogPoll ballots of mine posted before I've seen any others from the "major" polls or even from other individual voters. As always, you can click on the thumbnail to your right to see my handwritten notes about all the teams on this week's list, and see further justifications/rationalizations down below the list itself.
RankTeamDelta
1Alabama 1
2Florida 1
3Texas
4Cincinnati
5Iowa 2
6Southern Cal 1
7Boise State 1
8Miami (Florida) 2
9LSU 2
10TCU 2
11Oregon 2
12Georgia Tech 6
13Penn State 1
14Brigham Young 3
15Virginia Tech 9
16Pittsburgh
17Ohio State 8
18Houston 4
19Oklahoma State 4
20Kansas 5
21South Florida 5
22Texas Tech
23Utah
24West Virginia 1
25South Carolina 4
Last week's ballot

Dropped Out: Nebraska (#19), Oklahoma (#20), Auburn (#24).

I'm obviously disappointed that my Scarlet Knights didn't take the opportunity to beat the Pitt Panthers on Friday night and move into the top 25 (and believe me, I would have gladly moved the Knights up into this list if they had been able to score 8 more points in the 4th quarter), but I had no trouble moving Pitt into the heart of the rankings. Dion Lewis is going to have more big games between now and the end of the year and his team could easily run the table in the Big East and fulfill the preseason predictions of the Big East media poll. There wasn't enough evidence to drop either South Florida or West Virginia from my ballot, so for the first time this year I have four Big East schools on my list.
Only one of the 8 previously-unbeaten teams (South Florida) lost this week and the biggest upsets were those of Virginia Tech and Ohio State, so the changes are relatively minor. At least they are more minor than they would have been if Florida and/or Texas had lost -- both of which could have easily happened yesterday.
Nebraska and Oklahoma have both now dropped out of my ballot twice. If either of them enter the poll again they'd better be careful, because I'm thinking of instituting a three-time-loser rule. Drop out three times, and you'll have to wait until 2010 to see the lower reaches of my top 25 again.
As always, you can comment and try to convince me of my errors between now and Tuesday when this has to be finalized, but I'll assume, as always, that your silence is a sign that I've got it perfect once again.

No comments: