Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I leave the country for nine days and look what happens

The only sports news I specifically sought out over the past week (two days after the fact) was the Rutgers-Maryland score, so I was surprised this afternoon when I got home after nine days of electronic isolation to see the carnage in the top ten last weekend.
Here, just before the final deadline, is my contribution to the Week 5 BlogPoll (see all the other voters' choices here).
RankTeamDelta
1 Florida
2 Texas
3 Alabama
4 Boise State 6
5 Cincinnati 3
6 LSU 3
7 Southern Cal 4
8 Virginia Tech 5
9 Iowa
10 Ohio State 2
11 TCU 3
12 Oklahoma 3
13 Houston 3
14 Oregon
15 Penn State 11
16 Oklahoma State 2
17 Michigan 4
18 Georgia 4
19 Kansas 6
20 Miami (Florida) 13
21 Brigham Young 2
22 Georgia Tech 2
23 South Florida
24 California 19
25 South Carolina
Last week's ballot

Dropped Out: Mississippi (#6), Florida State (#17), Pittsburgh (#20), North Carolina (#23).

The attached scan will show that I tried to do this week's update by building on my previous poll with the scores from the past weekend rather than by looking at anyone else's poll when I got off the plane from my secret vacation location this afternoon.
Next weekend I'll be in the States and I promise to pay closer attention to the games, file a prompter ballot, and give some reasons for some of my individual moves. But if four of everybody's top ten teams lost last week, maybe we'd just all be better pulling names out of a hat this year.

No comments: