Thursday, August 27, 2009

"gotta keep it beatin for all the hoppin cretins" -- The Song of the Day

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but I can't get the bitter last line of the last entry on the Rutgers 1000 blog out of my head --"... in our eyes, cretinism has triumphed."-- especially since it immediately brought to mind this catchy little number from my college years on the banks, The Ramones' "Cretin Hop". This 1'46" video of the song was recorded at CBGBs in New York City (home of the Syracuse Orange) in 1977.
Enjoy the nostalgia.
I don't know where he's going to have his equipment set up, or how the expanded Rutgers Stadium is going to be arranged for pregame activities on September 7, but DJ Yoshi has announced on Twitter that he'll be DJing Rutgers football games again this year. I think he might get some of us cretins hoppin' and celebrating our triumph with this ditty cranking through the scoreboard's new sound system. Consider that a formal request.

No comments: